How To Get A Spouse Visa

Spouse Visa

spouse visa

spouse visa

Are looking for help and advice on how to get a UK spouse visa – also known as marriage visa (or a UK fiancé/fiance visa)?

Contact Str8trecord on +44 (0) 203 318 5734 and they can help you avoid any complications regarding the applicaton of your spouse visa.

A UK spouse visa will allow your spouse – a husband, wife or civil partner to be able to apply for leave to remain in UK or for leave to enter in the UK based on the fact that they are married to you, as long as you are present in the UK and you have a legal permanent stay in UK.

What is a marriage or spouse visa?

A spouse visa is a visa that it is issued on the basis of a relationship akin to marriage. It allows a spouse to come to the UK on the basis of this relationship and it allows them the right to live and work in the UK. It will only be issued if the spouse is married or in a relationship with a UK citizen or some who has Indefinite or limited Leave to Remain in the UK.

How long would I be granted to stay in the UK?

Initially a UK spouse visa is issued for a two year period when in the UK or 2 years and 3 months when applying from abroad.

After this time a person can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain normally provided the relationship is still subsisting.

Everyone applying for a spouse visa is expected to pass an English language Test offered by an institution approved by the UK Border Agency.

Everybody applying for settlement in the UK needs to pass a Life in the UK test prior to sending in their application.

What are the qualifications that I need?

First of all, as an applicant for a marriage or spouse visa in the UK, you must be 18 years of age or above and the partner must have a settled status here in the UK must be 18 years of age or over.

You must be formally married to your spouse although other traditional marriages are also recognised and must intend to live together permanently.

You must have an accommodation that is suitable for both of you and any dependents. You must also demonstrate that you have a healthy financial status to be able to support you and your partner and any dependants without asking for public benefits.

Here is a checklist for your spouse visa:

You should be legally married to each other;
You must plan to live together;
You should have met each other;
You should be able to support yourselves without recourse to public funds
You should have adequate accommodation where you and your dependents can live without recourse to public funds; and
You should be able to communicate in English at the required level or be exempt

Changing into a spouse/marriage visa whilst already living in the UK

You may be able to switch in-country (in-country applications) to become a spouse of a British citizen or someone who is settled in the UK. You will be required to provide the Home Office with all the relevant documents that show your relationship is subsisting and that you intend to live together permanently.

Leave us a comment here

Please contact Str8trecord on +44 (0) 203 318 5734 or skype: str8trecord for more information about your spouse visa requirements.

Category: Spouse Visa